A Lifetime of Leadership
A Chittenden County resident since 1976, Sally Fox has spent her career in public service as a policy advocate and a lawyer. Sally’s experience combines an understanding of a broad range of public policy issues with the fiscal realities facing Vermont.
Sally began her career with Vermont Legal Aid as an attorney for people with disabilities and an advocate for disability rights at the Vermont legislature. Sally was elected to the Vermont House in 1986, where she served seven terms and held many leadership roles. Since leaving the legislature, she has worked as an advocate for small business, higher education and public safety.
She lives in South Burlington with her husband; they have two grown sons.
“I know that people are skeptical about the ability of government to respond to the needs of its citizens. In these difficult economic times, it is vital that the legislature is able to be innovative and still work with limited resources. My work both in the community and in state and local government gives me the experience to be an effective voice for the people of Chittenden County.”
- Sally Fox
Current Legislative Appointments
Elected to the Senate in 2010
- Member, Health and Welfare Committee
- Member, Finance Committee
- Member, Corrections Oversight Committee
- Co-chair, Mental Health Oversight Committee
- Member, Health Care Oversight Committee
- Member, Judicial Retention Committee
- Assistant Majority Whip
A Leader and an Effective Advocate
Member of the House of Representatives representing Essex for 14 years.
- Chair, House Appropriations Committee
- Chair, House Judiciary Committee
- Chair, Joint Fiscal Committee
- Assistant Majority Leader
- Chair, Commission on Higher Education Funding
- Governor’s Criminal Justice Cabinet
A Record of Community Service
- Board Member, Howard Community Services
- Member, Blueprint for Health Substance Abuse Advisory Committee
- Member, Vermont Children’s Hospital Advisory Committee
- Board Member, Burlington Community Justice Center Advisory Board
- Former Board Member, Vermont ACLU, Vermont Children’s Forum, Commission to End Childhood Poverty
- Named legislator of the Millennium by the Vermont Children’s Forum
- Recipient of the Leahy Leadership Award for Service by Committee on Temporary Shelter
- Volunteer legislative monitor for Community of Vermont Elders